What The Lifeguard Has Meant to Me

As senior year comes to a close I have begun to reflect on my time as a high school student. There were ups and downs, laughs and tears, and many memories made; however, my fondest memories come from room 415.

I remember coming into Journalism on the first day of junior year. I had absolutely no idea what to expect but I knew I was excited. I always had the dream that I wanted to be a journalist and I was very excited to begin to explore the field.

I instantly felt at home with classmates, now turned friends, and my new favorite teacher, Sav. As we began to put together the first issue of the magazine (which we never got) I felt reassured that this is exactly what I want to do with my life.

My favorite article I’ve ever written was when we interviewed Behzad Dabu, Liverpool alum and “How to get Away With Murder” actor. That was an amazing experience that I will never forget as it gave me my first real experience interviewing someone and reassured me that I have what it takes to write after my article was chosen to be in the magazine.

Even though we only ever got that version of the magazine, despite the six we made (Sav gave up on seven and eight), making them during layout Saturday’s and in class were some of my favorite moments of high school.

I could not be more thankful to Sav for giving me the amazing opportunity to the Editor-in-Chief and allowed me to take The Lifeguard where I wanted. Re-designing and re-amping this website has been incredible and producing two magazines that would attract all Liverpool students (if we ever got them) was absolutely incredible.

From the amazing movies we watched to the countless online article written I could not be more thankful for the experience and memories that Sav and room 415 have given me. If there is anything I am going to miss about high school this is it.

My only advice for underclassmen is to join something at Liverpool as amazing as this because it will truly become the best thing about high school.