The Senior Days

This is a caption.

This is a caption.

Sample Student

Sample Student

This is a caption.

The month of may hits and it seems like seniority is at an all time high. All Ap exams have been finished and most are awaiting for their finals at the end of the year.

Spring sports are playing in their final games and the last musical concerts are happening for the year.

The last pep rally and spirit week. The start of the senior countdown.

By memorial day weekend the school year is over and the seniors are itching to get out of here. They are only looking forward to the festivities that are to come.

Senior skip day, tie dying last day shirts, and participating in the senior spirit days. Watching the mock DWI, the balloon launch, and the senior prank. Then finally senior ball and graduation.

In the midst of all this excitement its easy to forgot how much time we’ve spent with our peers. Its easy to forget these will be the last times we will ver walk these halls. Whether or not someone is excited to graduate and leave high school or not, there is a huge nostalgic factor with leaving a place you’ve spent nearly all your life.

Its amazing to see that in the last few weeks of school all the drama that persisted between people seemingly disappears. People work together to plan senior activities and everyone is so happy to be around each other.

For the final two weeks of school the senior class will be closer than all the years eve spent together in elementary, middle, and high school.

There is something special about being a senior. It isn’t that you’re the “king” of the school or that you literally have “seniority.” Its the fact that everyone is developing into the people that were supposed to be going into college and were all coming together.

There are people you’ll never speak to gain and people that you haven’t talked to all high school, but in these past few weeks everyone gets involved.

There are two weeks left of high school forever. The next chapter truly begins now.