Keep Your Grades Up As The Year Comes To A Fast End

The end of the school year is coming up, and as students begin to become anxious and happy for summer, their grades begin to drop.

However, as the year comes to an end it is still important to keep your grades up and to strive for your goals. But as a student myself I know that it can be hard, so here are some tricks to keep you stay on top of your work.

1. Start by asking the teacher if there is any way to get extra credit, or fix a previous assignment you did poorly on. Doing this can raise your grade greatly if you are missing work, or have gotten bad grades on half worked on papers.
  2. Create a plan to make sure you’ll get your work done. This can be a get to work right away when your home, or get a study group together plan. But anything will work if it gets you doing your work.
  3. Get rid of all distractions. Our phones distract us daily and especially when trying to get work done. That ring to see who just texted us leaves our minds wondering until we know what’s going on. Therefore, turn your phone, the T.V., and computer off, turn on some peaceful music, and get to work.
  4. The end of the year brings final exams, projects, and papers; a big way to bring up a final grade, if successful. Final exams and projects can be a majority of  your grade, and doing well on those can raise your grade greatly.
  5. And although it may seem crazy, doing your work, studying, and participating in class will all contribute to your grade. Doing the bare minimum amount of work could just possibly get you by. And putting effort into what you do will leave you passing with flying colors.

Even though all of us students can not wait for summer, the school year is still here, and it’s our job to succeed with it.

For some it marks the end of high school, but for others just the beginning. Nonetheless, everyone is here for a few more months and, as hard as it may be, it is very important to keep grades up for this last chapter in a part of your high school experience.