High School Is Different For Everyone!

High School Is Different for Everyone!

High School is so superstitious, it’s full of drama, meeting new people every year, and maturing. Once you start high school, you are still in the middle school, childlike mindset. High school is meant to build you up and grow you out of that mindset. Meanwhile, you can not and should not be stubborn. Take the lessons from high school as ways to get students ready for college, the military, or the real world in general! Everyone has a different perspective of high school because everyone has been through different things in high school.

One person that is a prime example of this statement, Dietrick Roberson Jr. (DJ), a previous Liverpool High School student. DJ reveals that he “loved” high school, and he “ode” misses it. He misses football, his friends, and how students have to be so serious in high school. DJ says that “college is everything everyone said it would be, it’s really fun. [However], you need good time management. His advice for students currently in high school is to “live in the moment. Enjoy the time with your friends and enjoy high school for what it is now”.

Secondly, Liverpool High School Graduate, Tricia Murray, finds that “high school is but at the same time isn’t as bad as people make it seem. High school was really strict and confined and you got in trouble for every little thing. But the school work my teachers and the food & extracurricular activities made it aight and I built bonds that could never be broken because of finishing high school so it’s 50/50”. Meanwhile, she misses high school school. She misses “being with my friends everyday and step practice and being able to stop in my advisors and teachers offices when I wanted and getting encouragement everyday from them if I needed it, high school made me feel like I had a sense of purpose.

Once I got out of high school I was sort of lost I didn’t know what to do next but I knew I had to go college. I miss the pep rally’s and the field trips and the varsity games lpool had the most school spirit in 2015-2016. And senior ditch dayyyyy omgggggg”. Class of 2015-2016 was an extremely exciting graduating class without a doubt, in several opinions. The advice she gives for high school students is to manage their time well, be careful who you befriend and stay on top of your work , if you plan to go to college step your game up early schools are looking at you. And don’t let sports and extracurricular activities get in the way of your grades”. For advice for incoming freshman in college, is “to prepare yourself it’s very expensive and can be a stressful process if your not on top of everything , make sure you register on time or you won’t get the classes you want. Remain focused because it’s easy to fail & stay in touch with your family you will need them the most no matter how far away you go.”

Former Henninger High School Graduate, Jamai Mitchell, believes that high school “wasn’t [as bad as people make it out to be], I just had a lot of life changes , lost all my friends except three, and also had the best time of my life lol I miss it.” Jamai elaborates that “Okay I don’t miss high school in general. I just miss how easy everything was I don’t miss the arguing with people the daily drama and the dumb teachers or the long days I just miss how easy the work was and how much fun I had with everyone.” She suggest that students “cherish the time you have now and don’t be so quick to grow up because you can’t get that time back and you’ll regret all the things you didn’t do or take advantage of … college in reality forces you to grow up .. soooo many long night sometimes you don’t sleep , on your own making these decisions . Yeah college is lit but don’t ever forget the reason why you are there because it can slip away from you and time will pass so fast . Just a few months ago I was starting college and now my second semester is about to be over and I will be a college sophomore lol … a sophomore ..”

For seniors, she recommends that individuals “Don’t underestimate anything college itself the work the people you meet , remember to make the best out of every situation be excited and optimistic but also very determined and focused because there’s going to be times you question if anything worth it when everything will be worth it and more. Don’t over think too much try to also have fun because college is so great.”

Lastly, former Liverpool High Student, Dajier Davis, gives off an entirely different perspective of High School. He believes the quote, “high school is what you make it” is incorrect, it depends for certain individuals. Dajier stated that he does not miss high school, “not one bit”. He misses the Dynasty Step Team but that’s it. His advice for high school students is to “Do whatever tf u want and don’t get caught , but keep ya grades up and referrals low. And pay close attention to the classes u will NEED in life , and only pay attention in history class when we talk about slavery”. That’s all he had to say about high school. His advice for seniors was much more straightforward. His advice to seniors is to “Cherish the moments with the friends you have at the time becuz you lose them after graduation or don’t see each other as much. And don’t think college is a party becuz u will fail and get kicked out. Don’t stress it , it’s scary but it’s something we all have to go thru , just finish school and look into your career during the whole college process and you will be fine.”

As you can see, there are several different perspectives of high school. There are four different individuals, four different personalities, four different environments, and four different life stories. The main message of each individual for high school students is to cherish the time you have left with your friends in high school. As you walk around the school, you may hear students say “oh my god, I can’t wait to graduate”. When students graduate they all go their separate ways, you won’t be able to see your friends everyday, and you won’t be able to talk to them everyday. Whether you have a strong bond with your friends or not, you will still goes your own ways. It depends on if your friends are can work around their schedules to make time for you. This doesn’t mean you can’t still be close but, you won’t be as close with your friends as you were before you graduated unless they go to the same college or direction as you. Also, cherish the time that you have of being a kid. Participate in extracurricular activities, and enjoy high school as much as you can.

The main point that they want to get around to incoming freshman in college is to go to and have fun but have good time management. It’s okay to go there and enjoy yourself but don’t forget what you are in college for. During this big transition in your life, your going to need your family so keep them close.