The Forgotten

People tend to forget the work that happens when we are not looking. Specifically, in Liverpool High School we are only here for seven hours a day. When we leave we have no idea what goes on. We just show up the next morning and continue on with our day.

Yet have you ever noticed how the floors are always shiny the next day? Have you noticed how the cafeteria looks brand new everyday even after three lunches filled with over a thousand kids combined? Has anyone noticed that the school is always clean when we arrive even though it is dirty when we leave?

The reason for this is because of the janitorial staff that works diligently all day and all night to make Liverpool High School clean and tidy for the students each and everyday. Not only that, but the janitorial staff goes above and beyond their jobs to aid in other jobs for the school.

After every sporting event they’re cleaning up. After every dance or school sponsored event they’re there cleaning up. If you’re at the school past eight -o-clock then you’ll see the janitorial staff still cleaning the building. These men and women work nonstop to ensure that our school is as clean as if it was brand new.

Janitors don’t simply work nine to five, they work all day, everyday. They work Saturdays and on their Friday nights. They even can get called in on a Sunday if there is an emergency and there needs to be an immediate cleanup.

Janitors deserve more recognition for all the hard work that they do. They are the forgotten of Liverpool High School. Our janitorial staff is vital to our everyday school life.

Next time you see a janitor say thank you because they’re always there to clean up the messes that we make.