The Positivity Project: Liverpool

In today’s day and age it can be difficult to find positivity among the negativity that inevitably will be found in this world. Anxiety, depression, and hate are the most common things people experience in today’s world. As unfortunate as that it, that does not mean it is any less true.

Even though our world experiences a multitude of hate and negative experiences, for every action of hate there is someone completing an action of love. For every person that is rude there is another person whom is kind.

It seems the younger generation is untouched by the world’s crude hands and therefore the Positivity project was born.

Dr. Chris Peterson’s psychology findings about positive psychology is the foundation for Mike Erwin’s and Jeff Bryan’s Positivity project. The project originated with two graduates from West Point University and quickly infiltrated school’s all over the country.

The project aims to straighten relationships, build confidence in the younger and older generations, and teach everyone that other people matter.

This is accomplished through strategic lesson plan over the course of a year that has autonomy to how the teacher wishes to teach it, but everyone teaches the same 24 character values.

Some of the character values include: open mindedness, perspective, optimism, leadership, gratitude, and self-control. These values and more is what makes the positivity project so successful. The impact on students has been that students have been using these key values in their everyday life.

The students have internalized these terms and have used them to explain their actions, good and bad. Students are not more cognizant of what they are doing and have overall had their moods improved. It has been noted that students have appeared happier and more aware of the world around them.

Parents all over the country boast about how students apply what they’ve learned to the books, tv shows, and movies they are surrounded by everyday. Parents have claimed that their kids come home from school and are excited to share what the positivity project has taught them today.

The proof is in the change in the kids that the positivity project has touched.

This project is important because overtime empathy has decreased significantly. Narcissism has increased and people are becoming just plain rude. Our differences are dividing us rather that bringing people together. Even though one cannot claim that the world is all evil because there is till a lot of good in the world, it should be noted that almost everything west on the news and everyday has a negative vibe to it.

The positivity project is changing the lives of others one community at a time. Everyone should learn that other people matter. It is not just for kids to strengthen their character, but for everyone. Not just kids need t be taught to do the right thing, adults need that too.

The positivity project is an intuitive that has good intentions and has proven to have good results.

The Liverpool central school districts been spreading this project for the past three years. Starting in Morgan Road elementary in 2015, it has now spread to all the elementary schools and one middle school.

The plan is for it to take over our entire district and have the Positivity project be a large part of our educational system here in Liverpool.

The Positivity project is revolutionary and hopefully it will take over the entire country very soon. Everyone could use a little more positivity in their life.