Classic Rock Coachella

Selena Pappas, Feature Editor

Alas, the moment we’ve all been waiting for. Well, realistically, probably just me.

This October, Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Neil Young, and Pink Floyd co-founder Roger Waters will take the stage and each perform full sets as a part of a new music festival experience.

Called Desert Trip, the cost will be $200 per day with prices ranging as high as $1600 for a three day pass standing close to the pit. According to the Los Angeles Times, the festival was originally only supposed to occur over the course of a weekend, but because of the huge ticket demand, it is being extended to two separate weekends, October 7-9 and 14-16 at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, California.

This is a last chance for classic rock fans to enjoy a handful of the greatest musicians of all time, in one weekend. Likely an event that will never occur again. For these reasons, I am extremely jealous. Not only will I never be able to afford a single day ticket, there is no chance my mom will let me travel to California during my first semester in college. Looks like I’m out of luck.

If anyone is interested in helping my poor soul get to California this fall, feel free to contribute to gofundme.com/get-selena-to-coachella.

I’m totally kidding, that’s not really a thing.